Wednesday, February 6, 2008

#42 Get out snowshoeing

Holy cow have I been snowshoeing! No pictures, of course, that would only be logical and helpful. Waterloo has gotten good snow storms, and despite the rain now and then, has been great for it.

I went for a jaunt in the park with R for a while, and then later the next week, I went out for a several-hours-long epic journey, through parks and downtown Waterloo with Claire.

It is a work out that is for sure. And I'm glad to finally be using my blasted snowshoes. I got them for my birthday IN april, waited all year, then the snow didn't come until about February, etc etc. I used them maybe once before this year, and so far I'm making up for it.

The major lesson from this for me: I love to go outside int he winter. I love winter. If I am too busy to go outside in the winter I WILL NOT be happy. That's the kind of thing that's easy to forget.

Long live snow days!

No comments: